Portland Means Progress
Portland Means Progress is an initiative that provides connections for businesses to hire local underrepresented students, purchase from businesses owned by people of color and create diverse and vibrant workforce and company cultures.
The goal is to connect businesses to existing programming that supports social impact, creating a pipeline for private-sector engagement.
The Mayor’s Council of Economic Advisors identified the initial actions of Portland Means Progress. The Project Partners are:
- Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
- Business for a Better Portland
- Greater Portland Inc.
- Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber
- NAACP Portland
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
- The Office of Mayor Ted Wheeler – City of Portland
- Oregon Native American Chamber
- Philippine American Chamber of Commerce of Oregon
- Portland Business Alliance
- Prosper Portland
- Technology Association of Oregon
- Travel Portland
- Worksystems, Inc.