Inspiring Diversity Grant
Launch or expand a diversity and equity program within your organization with help from Prosper Portland
The Inspiring Diversity Grant offers funding for local traded-sector employers (those selling goods and services outside Portland) to inspire creative, equity-related best practices around workforce, marketing and communications. Participation in the program gives your company the chance to build new community partnerships with underrepresented populations. Inspiring Diversity Grant recipients contribute to best practices for the larger business community and are leaders in building an equitable economy for all Portlanders.
Company projects can be focused either internally or externally. Examples include:
- Organizational trainings or education
- Marketing and outreach to underserved communities
- Development of a diversity hiring plan
- Increasing career pathways for existing employees from diverse backgrounds
- New partnerships with community non-profits
- Development or expansion of diversity supplier programs
- Development of a diversity and equity market assessment
- Other activities designed to make the business more competitive from a diversity and inclusion perspective.
Preference will be given to companies that can match the requested funds and that are within one of the city’s identified clusters (Athletic & Outdoor/Consumer Product, Green Cities Product & Services, Technology & Media, Manufacturing).
Projects that demonstrate innovation and new approaches, community engagement or impact, replicability to other companies, and leadership/executive commitment will receive priority.
Sign up to receive an email reminder when applications open: