The Inspiring Diversity Grant offers funding for local traded-sector employers (those selling goods and services outside Portland) to inspire creative, equity-related best practices around workforce, marketing and communications. Participation in the program gives your company the chance to build new community partnerships with underrepresented populations. Inspiring Diversity Grant recipients contribute to best practices for the larger business community and are leaders in building an equitable economy for all Portlanders.
Companies can apply for up to $10,000 in funds. Preference will be given to companies who can match the requested funds.
Company projects can be focused either internally or externally. Examples include:
- Organizational trainings or education
- Marketing and outreach to underserved communities
- Development of a diversity hiring plan
- Increasing career pathways for existing employees from diverse backgrounds
- New partnerships with community non-profits
- Development or expansion of diversity supplier programs
- Development of a diversity and equity market assessment
- Other activities designed to make the business more competitive from a diversity and inclusion perspective.
Preference will be given to companies that can match the requested funds and that are within one of the city’s identified clusters (Athletic & Outdoor/Consumer Products, Green Cities Products & Services, Technology & Media, Manufacturing).
Projects that demonstrate innovation and new approaches, community engagement or impact, replicability to other companies, and leadership/executive commitment will receive priority.
Companies must be located in the City of Portland.
If selected, grant recipients must also agree to sign up for Portland Means Progress, a citywide initiative that provides connections for businesses to hire local underrepresented students and young professionals of color, purchase from businesses owned by people of color, and create diverse and vibrant workforce and company cultures.