Technology & Media
Contact: Jared Wiener
The Technology & Media cluster is one of the fastest growing clusters in Portland’s economy, employing nearly 14,000 people in Multnomah County and more than 30,000 across the region. Prosper Portland assists businesses through one-on-one business consultation and access to programs and resources, and by creating programs to meet an defined need such as TechTown Portland.
Prosper Portland Supports Tech & Media
TechTownPDX, founded in 2015, is the most notable example of program creation. It is a collaboration between the Portland technology community, Prosper Portland, and many others to collectively advance workplace diversity and inclusion while growing the industry.
- Monthly sessions with employees of TechTown companies
- Governance structure with TechTown Steering Committee
- Quarterly CEO sessions
- 4 annual pipeline and recruitment engagements
- AllyShift trainings
- Annual demographic and work environment employee survey
- Goal to expand TechTown to include more companies and spread the values even wider
Are you a Tech & Media business? Get involved!
Tech is a major, increasingly important driver of our economy, and Prosper Portland helps tech companies grow equitably. We are always seeking committed companies to join our mission to cultivate a diverse, homegrown talent pipeline and an inclusive work environment.