May 20, 2014
The Oregon International Business Awards and Scholarship Dinner held Monday, May 19 honored several Portland-area businesses for their success in expanding Portland’s global reach and its attraction of foreign direct investment.
Presented by the Oregon Consular Corps and the City of Portland, the event drew Governor John Kitzhaber, Mayor Charlie Hales, Port of Portland Executive Director Bill Wyatt, and members of the Oregon Consular Corps (OCC) to celebrate the 2014 recipients of OCC’s scholarship awards as well as the private sector companies, organizations and individuals who have made significant contributions to Oregon’s standing as an international leader.
Playlist: Award Winners
The awards dinner took place at the Portland Art Museum, and received additional support from PDC, Business Oregon, Greater Portland Inc, Oregon Department of Agriculture, Pacific NW International Trade Assoc., Portland Business Alliance, Port of Portland and U.S. Department of Commerce.
Companies and individuals honored included:
- Bob’s Red Mill Natural Products – Governor’s Trade Leadership Award
- Met One Instruments, Inc. – Oregon Export Leader
- Shimadzu USA Manufacturing, Inc. – Foreign Direct Investment
- ZGF – Global Leader
- Nutcase Helmets – New Exporter
- Maria Wulff, President World Affairs Council – Individual Achievement
- Pink Martini – Ambassador Award