Frequently Asked Questions
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) is in the process of renovating the garage including the parking levels and ground floor retail spaces. Improvements will address lighting, access and deferred maintenance of an aging structure, improve parking capacity for vehicles and bikes, and also modernize retail spaces.
PBOT contracted with Howard S Wright to be the construction manager and general contractor for the renovation. The contractor has installed barriers and construction scrim to secure the job site and will keep them in place until the project has been completed. Downtown Clean & Safe will continue its cleaning and security services around the block during construction.
Boys’ Fort: 1001 SW Morrison St (New location opening early 2018)
Peterson’s Convenience Store:
- 1143 SW Stark St. (Five minute walk from the 10th & Yamhill location);
- 513 SW 4th Ave. and;
- 115 SW Yamhill St.
Portland Swimwear: Beaverton Town Square
The Real Mother Goose: Portland International Airport
Kale is looking for their perfect spot- we’ll let you know when they find it!
TriMet riders can purchase the HOP Fastpass card at the TriMet Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square.
As the City’s economic development agency, Prosper Portland knows that moving out of a location can bring a lot of challenges for a business. We partnered with our network of service providers including the Portland Business Alliance and WorkSystems Inc to support the 10th & Yamhill tenants from the time of project conception through the tenant relocation.
- Tenants received notice about the project more than a year and a half before the renovation began, to give them enough time to plan for relocation and next steps for their businesses. We sat down with tenants individually to give them an overview of the project, a timeline for moving out, and resources to support their next phase as a business.
- The Portland Business Alliance reached out to tenants to help with finding new spaces using their retail vacancy map for new location opportunities in the downtown and Old Town/Chinatown retail districts. Prosper Portland provided information about the agency’s grant and loan programs that can be used for space acquisition and renovation.
- Prosper Portland co-hosted an assistance event with WorkSystems Inc. and WorkSource Portland for employees that were displaced as a result of the tenant relocation. Attendees gained information about insurance benefits, health insurance options through OregonHealthCare, free training and re-employment services, and access to the Prosper Portland Workforce Navigator Program. Watch this video to see one attendee’s feedback about her experience at the assistance event:
The ground floor will have a new layout with a mix of retail space types and sizes that include market hall starter spaces, stand-alone retail spots, and larger corner anchor locations. Prosper Portland will master lease the ground floor retail from PBOT and oversee the property management and tenanting of the spaces.
Prosper Portland is excited to offer a range of space types to local and regional businesses seeking a downtown location. Consistent with our strategic commitment to build an equitable economy in Portland, we are especially interested in providing opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses. We will be seeking tenants that: •
- Have a use that contributes to the signature concept, activates the ground floor, and supports continuity;
- Strengthen the retail mix and contribute to the individuality of this retail district;
- Bolster pedestrian activity throughout the entire day;
- Contribute to unique experience and place
Prosper Portland will put out a call for interest for businesses to respond with a high level of business information and space requirements. We will convene a tenant advisory committee to provide guidance on criteria, timing for lease, and tenant mix consistent with the tenant strategy described above. We will retain a broker to follow up on the submittals and facilitate the leasing process.
Businesses interested in leasing space can find updated information here on the project page.