Tech Diversity Pledge
The underrepresentation of women and communities of color in the tech industry is a challenge we’re taking on collectively through TechTown Portland – a collaboration among our technology communities. The Tech Diversity Pledge is focused on these five key actions:
- Partner with groups in Portland that can assist with hiring and career advancement for underrepresented communities.
- Create and implement strategies to increase hiring of women and people of color, from intern programs to full-time positions at all levels within our organizations.
- Educate staff on unconscious workplace biases and implement specific actions designed to alleviate them.
- Provide internal development and progression programs and ensure underrepresented employees can access these programs.
- Share our collective data on the demographic representation within our offices in the Portland metro area of gender and race.