About the NED Leadership Group
The NED Leadership Group is composed of approximately 30 individuals with experience or expertise relevant to neighborhood economic development, including: business district development, business ownership and management, community leadership and engagement, financial lending and resource development, market analysis, neighborhood revitalization and redevelopment, small business development, and workforce development and higher education. The citywide NED Leadership Group is demographically and geographically diverse.
Roles and Responsibilities of Members
City Council, Prosper Portland, partner organizations, and community members rely on the NED Leadership Group to act as stewards and leaders of the NED Strategy. Members are expected to:
- Attend all committee meetings and other related public activities.
- Provide regular updates to NED Leadership Group in accordance with the shared goals, established work plans, and a standard of mutual accountability
- Review agenda and meeting information in advance of the meeting and notify Prosper Portland in advance of meeting absences.
- If a designated community or business representative, keep the entity represented informed of key agenda items and decisions.
- Assist NED Leadership Group members in identifying and informing other community stakeholders of related projects, programs or policies.
- Provide an annual update of accomplishments to the Portland City Council and/or the Prosper Portland Board of Commissioners.