I am a commercial tenant and cannot afford rent due to the pandemic crisis. How does the Oregon commercial moratorium protect me?
- The Commercial Eviction Moratorium issued on April 1, 2020 by Governor Brown protects tenants suffering significant loss of revenue due to the “Stay Home, Save Lives” orders from being evicted.
- The order remains in effect for a period of 90 days from the executed day.
- Landlords are not allowed to charge late fees for late rent during this same period.
- The rent for this period is still due, along with additional charges specific to the leases, such as utilities and taxes (if applicable).
- Tenants must show evidence of revenue loss due to the governmental restrictions.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!